Monday, July 23, 2012

Camping Fun

Getting ready to go camping. This hiking pack is almost as big as Gavin.
This is our camp all set up. I wish more people would of been able to come. It ended up only being My Parents, Chloe, and Us.
Our fun toys.
This is my Dad and Mom's set up.

The kids found this huge beetle.
What a good Dog. Hoss was so good the whole trip and didn't get into much trouble.
Going for a ride with all the kids.
This is where Hoss rode when he got tired of running.
All ready to get on our way over the mountain to Big Rock Candy Mountain.

I guess I am a little scared of heights cause I hated to be on the side with the cliff. This is on the very top of the mountain you could see so far. If you zoom in on this pict you can see I-70.
We stopped at this cabin that was on the way. I think it is called Silver King Mine but am not positive on that.
I love the pictures by this cabin they all look so cool.
The kids went on this trail that leads all the way around the cabin. It takes you to see the collapsed mine and the little rail system they used its pretty neat.
I was able to take a picture of this cute chipmunk. He was pretty much coming right up to me. The kids said that this picture looked fake.
We stopped to check out a beaver pond.
Cody was trying to get Hoss to swim in the middle of the pond but he still is a little scared of getting in where he can't touch.
Big Rock Candy Mountain
We ate at the Cafe there and my Dad told the kids how this bear was there when he was a little boy. Then we made the 19 mile ride all the way back over the mountain.
Gav helping Grandpa with his gold machine. I know this machine has a name but I can't remember what it is.
They found some really fine gold but nothing to big.
The kids talked Grandma into helping them make this dam. It was taking a long time so they recruited Cody and I to help too. Cody ended up doing most of the work.


The kids all got in their swimsuits to get in for a bit before the next storm hit. The water is so dirty because it was raining so hard on top of the mountain.
This is the finished dam.
You can barely see Cody to the left at the bottom of this big rock. He took the kids on a hike to the top it looked so far and steep it made me nervous.
They did make on the the top of that rock but my camera wouldn't focus on them, cause I didn't have my big lens with me.
Gavin just couldn't stay out of the water.
The girls were getting as many rocks as they could. I don't know what they were planning on doing with them. They ended up with quite a pile by the time my Dad, Mom and Chloe left for home.
We went on a Family ride up the Kimberly Mountains where we deer hunt and just look at it. I hate what fires do, not one tree for as far as we could see wasn't burned.
This sucks I guess we might have to find somewhere else to hunt this year. I am glad that we were able to go camping with family and have so much fun. We all had a blast and it was fun for the kids to have a cousin there. Thanks for coming everyone and I can't wait to go again.

2 comments:

Tia said...

Great Pictures! Chloe had such a good time she keeps telling us we need to go there. Thanks for letting her hang with you guys. I'm going to still some of your pictures. Love Ya

Megan said...

Looks super fun!